Sunday, February 7, 2010

02/06/2007 Busy Busy Busy


Life sure becomes hectic for me this time of year. I find myself going into "High Productivity Mode" for extended periods yet the workload increases faster than it can get done. That's something that I've learned to accept as one of the basic facts of my chosen profession.
I'm also experiencing a similar dilemma with my astroimaging, because the data is piling up much faster than I can process it. I'm sure there is some that will never reach a final state.
The past two nights have been clear, and despite the bright Moon I have been both imaging and collecting spectral data. This image was a quick throw-together of some narrowband ccd data using the refractor. Each subframe was only 1/1000th of a second long and it still bloomed from oversaturation. It's very hard to align these images properly, and seeing was not too good. But this image does convey some of the stark beauty present on a moonlit night. The temperature was warmer than recent weeks so I enjoyed staying out for quite a while in the backyard, listening to the scopes purr and the usual neighborhood noises. That's a calming experience for me, something I relish in these days of high pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment