Sunday, February 7, 2010

01/31/2007 Almost Forgotten


I almost forgot to follow up on this image data. If you read back to my blog from Christmas Day, you'll see that I spent some time imaging on Christmas Eve and into the morning. But after all the excitement of the holiday, I forgot to process this data!
So last night I discovered it and decided to get to work on it. This is the Christmas Tree Cluster, Cone Nebula, Snowflake Cluster, and part of the FoxFur Nebula. It's quite a region with tons of astronomical things to explore. Click Here to see more info and a larger version of this image.
The past few nights have been rather poor as far as weather goes so the observatory is closed.
I just got my e-mail confirmation for the Texas Star Party, that gives me something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment