Sunday, February 7, 2010

Imported Blogs Below From Astronomyblogs.com


I've just completed moving most of my old blogs over to this site.
I previously used Astronomyblogs.com, but that site's owner has told me that he may discontinue it. I am grateful to astronomyblogs.com for getting me started in blogging and hosting my ramblings for the past few years.
The import process was not automated - it took a lot of "cut-and-paste". Many of the images came over as very low resolution bitmaps instead of their original jpeg format, and none of the embedded links crossed over.
But at least I have an archive of the old blog here now.
There has been an awful lot of astronomy stuff going on in my life since my last astronomyblogs post back in June of 2009. I won't bother trying to catch it all up, but there is new equipment, the roll-off roof observatory is fully operational, I attended the 2009 Advanced Imaging Conference, and I'm still heavily involved in the local astronomy club.
I plan to continue this blog to track my pursuit of amateur astronomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment